Smouldering volcanoes, bubbling mud baths and steaming fumaroles make these tiny islands north of Sicily a truly hot destination.
Astonishingly beautiful and extremely varied, the seven islands and various uninhabited islets of the Aeolian archipelago were designated a Unesco World Heritage Site in 2000. Their volcanic origins left a dramatic legacy of black-sand beaches, smouldering craters and splintered, rocky coastlines.
On our journey, we will visit 7 islands – Stromboli, Salina, Filicudi, Alicudi, Lipari, Vulcano and Panarea – each distinct in culture and history, while enjoying breathtaking views on both land and water.
- Address for boarding: will be provided upon registration. From Palermo or Eolie.
- Boats: sailing boats from 10 to 15 mt, with 2/5 cabins and toilettes or catamaran
- Dates: from 5th of may to 9th of November 2014
- Duration: 7 days and 6 nigths from Munday before noon till Sunday around noon
- Participants : from 4 to 8 people + skipper
|Double cabin||840,00 €||990,00 €||1190,00 €|
|Double cabin||790,00 €||890,00 €||1090,00 €|
The price refers to the complete service includes: accommodation in double cabins, insurance, fuel, port charges (max 2 nights), skipper, hostess, final cleaning, scheets and galley basis covering onboard meals: all breakfasts , all lunches and dinners on board at least 3.
Does not include: travel to the place of embarkation, all meals on the ground, drink and beverages, port charges extras and anything not specified in item includes.
Membership card: the cost is 30 € per person, payable at the time of booking.
Extra night: For all those who arrived the day before embarkation there is a courtesy night with a supplement of 30 € per person.
NB The travel contract includes the only location of the place by boat and the price payable for the booking is
- 390/440 € for departures from 5/5 to 1/6/14 and from 22/9 to 9/11/14
- 490/590 € for departures from 2/6 to 13/7/14 and from 1/9 to 21/9/14
- 690/790 € for departures from 14/7 to 31/8/14
The assignment and the contract with the skipper will be made on board upon arrival and paid 2 weeks before boarding directly to the skipper, paying a lump sum of 400 € which also includes half-board service, fuel, marinas, sheets and final cleaning.
- Martedì: sailing up to Salina the greenest of the islands, characterised by its twin (inactive) volcanoes, Monte Fossa delle Felci and Monte dei Porri. The surrounding sea is, as one might expect, simply beautiful. Though many of the beaches are rocky rather than sandy, the water is extremely clean and home to a wide variety of sea animals, plants, caves and submerged volcanic craters.
- Tuesday: We leave Salina towards Panarea… The smallest of the Aeolian Islands, Panarea, attracts many tourists from around the globe. Below tiny Basiluzzo, when the sea is calm and clear, you can see the remains of a Roman port and clamber up to the ruins of a Roman villa; nearby Lisca Bianca has submarine fumaroles bubbling at the surface of the sea, little sandy beaches and cliffs that have been stained yellow. Just in time for dinner we will be in Stromboli. Stromboli is the most active of all the Mediterranean volcanoes. The island is covered by vines, olive trees and capers.
- Wednesday: We sail from Stromboli to Lipari. The coast around here is wild, rocky and, best of all, undeveloped, with splintered rocks offshore and extraordinary views. Among its attractions Lipari has a superb archaeological museum, spa baths and Roman sauna cave. We move to Vulcano for a beautiful night.
- Friday: We climb the Great Crater where you can enjoy a good view of Lipari and most of the archipelago. For lunch we are on the East Bay beach where warm water directly gushes out from the sea floor. In the afternoon we will be in Filicudi. The island as a whole is best seen on foot or by boat.
- Saturday: Filicudi is surrounded by rocks with the huge natural obelisk ‘Canna’ at 85 meters in height being the most impressive. But the small Elephant island and Fortune Cliffs are worth a close up look. We arrive in Cefalù for dinner and in time for having a cocktail on the main square.
- Sunday: we reach Palermo before noon…see you next time!!
The route is intended to be of maximum … an idea of what will happen on board and during shore excursions. The skipper shall have the duty to make decisions regarding the navigation and life on board this for security reasons, needs, and weather forecast.
For more information, please Contact Us!